The Haas-Lilienthal House at 2007 Franklin Street in San Francisco is the city's only intact Victorian era home that is open regularly as a museum, complete with authentic furniture and artifacts. Architecturally, the exterior of the Haas-Lilienthal House contains several of the features that have come to be associated with the word "Victorian". The house is primarily a Queen Anne style, with some Stick style details. William Haas entrusted Bavarian architect Peter R. Schmidt and contractors McCann & Biddell to build his home in 1886. The house withstood the 1906 Earthquake with only slight damage. The 1928 addition - living quarters over a garage - were built to provide needed space for the additions to the family when Billy and Madeline were brought to the Haas home. The architect of the addition, Gardner Dailey, later in life received recognition for his work on Ranch-style houses in the Bay Area.